Agriculture is such a broad concept. There are so many different aspects of this industry that one is never able to fully explore it completely. This is why the agricultural industry is considered to be the backbone not just of our country but of other countries as well. One of the most important aspects of agriculture is the use of fertilizers for better produce.
Predominantly there are two different types of fertilizers namely organic and inorganic fertilizers
- Organic fertilizers do not contain chemicals in them hence they are considered to be highly safe and are often promoted by the government. Some of the most popular forms of organic fertilizers include manure, seaweed, worm castings etc.
- Inorganic fertilizers on the other hand do contain chemicals such as ammonium phosphates and potassium chloride.
Because a huge portion of India’s population is dependent on agriculture coupled with the fact that fertilizers are an extremely important part of agriculture starting a fertilizer company could be an extremely profitable option for you.
So once you have a basic understanding of what are agro-based industries you can use the guide below to start your very own fertilizer production company.
1. Learn about Organic Fertilizers
This should be your first step. You need to learn as much as possible about organic fertilizers. This will help you understand how the organic fertilizer industry works and you will also know what products are popular among buyers.
2. Conduct Market Research
This is another important step that needs to be made right before you start your business. This helps you find out what types of organic fertilizers are popular among buyers, who they buy from, which companies they prefer buying from, pricing, etc.
All this information will help you make better decisions when setting up your business.
3. Create a business plan
If you have ever looked up new business ideas in Kerala or Chennai you have probably also tried to learn how to prepare a business plan. If not we will explain it to you. A business plan is a document that helps you guide your business.
It is not only a document but also a blueprint of how you will set up your organic fertilizer-producing company, how you will run it, and what the prospects of your business are.
A business plan for organic fertilizer production must contain all the key points like a mission statement, company overview, market analysis, product description, financial plan and projection, marketing strategy, etc.
A good business plan can be written if you follow the below-mentioned steps:
- Conduct market research on the organic fertilizer business.
- Find out the major challenges in starting an organic fertilizer manufacturing company in India.
- Identify which organic raw materials are available near your location and their demand in Indian markets.
- Find out about the government schemes and policies on organic farming and organic fertilizers available in India right now.
- Create a comprehensive SWOT analysis – of the strength, weaknesses, opportunities and threats of setting up an organic fertilizer manufacturing company in India right now.
- Find out how many other companies are already involved in manufacturing organic fertilizers in India right now and what are they doing to stay ahead of others? What is their USP?
You should get your business registered for sale and the manufacturing of organic fertilizer by filing form A2 which is issued by the director of agriculture and district agriculture officers.